Become a Surf Lifeguard
Are you looking for something fun and filled with adventure to do in the upcoming summer holidays? If yes, then Surf Lifesaving is for you!
At Waihi Beach Surf Club, we are always looking for new lifeguards to help patrol our beaches over the summer and keep people safe while we all enjoy our beautiful beach.
As a Surf Lifeguard, you will
- Save lives: Our main objective! In this way you are giving back to your community – an awesome thing to do, and while it can be serious, it is a lot of fun, so why not give it a go?
- Make Friends: You will meet many like-minded people who are there to have fun and save lives. You will have the chance to create lifelong friends like others have done before you!
- Get fit! Do you love being fit coming into the winter sport season? Surf Lifesaving is a perfect way to get fit and push yourself to attain goals.
- Get involved in different surf sports: At Waihi Beach Surf Club we offer a number of different surf sports such as surf canoes, surf boats, IRBs, kneeboarding, ocean swimming, ironman and much, much more.
- Get qualified: Become qualified in all different areas such as first aid, IRB operations and more.
- It’s great for your CV! Employers and universities love to see Surf Lifesaving qualifications and experience on your CV. We would love for you to come and join us and help keep our beach safe this summer while also giving back to the community.
If you are interested in becoming a lifeguard, please contact us;
Trust Waikato Waihi Beach Lifeguard Services
Phone: (07) 863-5108
For more information on lifeguarding visit the Surf Life Saving New Zealand website.